Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sad Attempt at Blogging, but Some Good News

So, it's been nearly two weeks since I blogged. So much for jumping back in full force. I guess it will be a slow transition back, but I'm still here. I'm still doing it.





So here's what happened lately.






Dan started his new job. It's been a little rough with scheduling, but hopefully that will get worked out.


I've substituted for a total of two weeks. I absolutely love it. The people that I work with are awesome, the kids are bright and cheerful, and I actually enjoy being at work. This is something you probably would not have heard from me at my previous job. Even my first days at my old job were rough. There really wasn't a honeymoon period there... it was fairly unpleasant from the beginning, I had just hoped that with time things would get better.


Anyways, it turns out that after next week, I will not be subbing anymore. That's right. After just 2 weeks, I have been offered a permanent position. I don't know my actual job title, but I will be floating between 3 different classroom to provide additional coverage. I'll be working 11-5:30, which is considered part-time. It's not a TON of hours, but it's guaranteed hours, and I will get more in the summer. Also, as soon as I'm teacher qualified (end of March) I will be able to be considered for a full-time teaching job, if one opens up. Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that that happens. I could definitely see myself teaching preschool at this center for a couple of years. I have not given up on teaching elementary school (I did put 4 years of college in for this) but I feel like this would be a good transition.


Hopefully this means that our financial situation will be becoming more stable. As of right now, we have no idea when we'll be moving into our own place. I think it's best to not put a date on it right now. Too many variables, and I don't want to set myself up for more disappointment. This might mean that we won't be able to get the puppy after all, but hopefully we can work something out so that we can. I'm already attached!

No comments:

Post a Comment