Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My First Ten on Tuesday

A fellow blogger, Erin, always does Ten on Tuesday and I always read it... after Tuesday. I've always wanted to participate, but like I said, I always read it after Tuesday and by then it's too late! So here we go, my first Ten on Tuesday. Unfortunately it's about cooking... something I don't do a whole lot of.



1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?

I never thought I'd try kangaroo. Or alligator. But I've tried both in the past year (kangaroo in Australia and alligator at the folk festival back in Maine) and actually liked them.


2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones?

I, for some reason, receive Rachael Ray's magazine in the mail. I don't know why, exactly. I've never been billed for it though. (Thank goodness! I'm not a huge fan, so it's definitely not something I'd pay for)


3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?

Green peppers and onions. Most of my favorite meals have both of those.


4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?

Oh, you name it, and I probably hated it as a child! Most of them I like a lot now though. I specifically remember wanting to try sushi on my 16th birthday. We were at the beach, and for some stupid reason we decided grocery store sushi would be the way to go (We were at a beach! We probably could have gotten delicious fresh sushi someplace really good, but we didn't) and I HATED it. Then a few years later, Danny took me for sushi, probably at Green Tea, and I loved it. Still not a huge fan of raw fish sushi though.


5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird?

Hm. Not so sure about this one.


6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with?

I'm not super adventurous when it comes to cooking... probably because I'm so bad at it!


7. Do you have any major food allergies?

Nope! Thank goodness. I have a sensitivity to MSG though.


8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?

I'm intimidated by spices. My roommate makes fun of me for buying seasoning packets for things like chili and fajitas when we have tons of spices here, but I just don't know what tastes good/right together.


9. Do you bake?

Yes. Mostly boxed mixes. :-D

10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why?

Not sure! One where they teach you how? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment