Monday, May 30, 2011

Update on my crazy, crazy life

I haven't drawn my giveaway yet. It's closed to new entries but I haven't drawn a winner yet. Why? Because my life has been disastrously insane lately. For the past THREE weekends in a row, things have been well, not so good.

Two weekends ago...
My parents split up a few months ago. This is the first time I have mentioned this on the internet. Its been extremely hard for me. But that weekend all of the fighting and bad feelings and betrayal and whatever else you want to call it came to a climax. Things got ugly. I'm not going to go into detail about what exactly went down, but it wasn't good.

One weekend ago...
My mom came down for my great-grandmother's memorial service. I'm sure you could figure out how that was all kinds of difficult. But add to it that after the memorial service we went back to my aunt and uncle's house to find my aunt so sick that she had to been taken to the hospital by ambulance. Then at the hospital there was more drama because the hospital we took her to was just the closest one and by far not the best one at all. So we ended up transferring her to a better hospital where she stayed overnight and had a bunch of tests and nothing was really diagnosed... she was just sick. Like a bad flu, or an infection or something.

This weekend...
This weekend was supposed to be fun. My cousin (not the daughter of the sick aunt, the daughter of the other aunt) spent the night Friday night even though she wasn't feeling the best. Having some headaches and off and on fevers and such. We watched movies with our boyfriends, and then the next day went hiking in the park, then out for lunch, and then wandered around Northampton and did some window shopping. My cousin felt ill off and on, but nothing too serious, except one odd symptom - orange urine. Dr. Google told me that one time of off color urine could be caused by just something you ate and not to worry about it. Except when she slept over Saturday night as well, she threw up and had high fevers all night. The next day we planned to go to a BBQ with her parents anyways, so I didn't bother to take her home or anything. And besides, her uncle is a doctor and he'd be there, so she'd get cared for anyways. And it's a good thing he was there... she ended up spiking a 103.2 fever. Her uncle made her take a cold bath, lay down, etc. I had to leave to run some errands before things closed down for the Memorial Day holiday, but I knew she'd be in good hands. When I texted her later last night, her boyfriend texted back and said she was in the hospital.
They don't know for sure yet what it is. Last night the verdict was "probably gallstones." Now they are thinking it's maybe Hepatitis A. They don't know and won't know until tomorrow when she was a something-that-begins-with-H-but-I-cant-remember scan. I plan on going up and spending an hour with her in the morning before work. However, it is looking like she will probably have her gallbladder out.
Poor kid... She's only 17 and has had 2 surgeries in a little over 2 years. (She seriously broke her arm cheerleading awhile back, and then ended up with compartment syndrome.)

So yeah, thats my life recently. I wish I had more positive things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment